Ford’s Dearborn Stamping Plant
- The VCS (Vertical Conveyance System) is based upon Master’s unique tray type system.
- Services the Schuler high-speed press with an approximate maximum speed of 900 hits per hour.
- Conveys up to 3600 parts per hour (when the press is finishing 4 parts per hit).
- Each system is approximately 120′ long x 20′ wide x 27′ tall
- Tray size 168″ x 74″, with max loaded tray weight of 10,000lbs.
- Trays exchanged every 6 minutes at each of 3 operator workstations.
- Workstation tray exchange is under 15 seconds.
- Conveys from press level (2nd) to plant floor (1st).
- Automatically uploads and off loads onto a S.G.V. trailer train.
Importance of Design:
- Solution for plant environments that handle continuously changing racks of varying shapes, size and condition.
- Allows product line changes without system modifications.